Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Cyclamen

THE CYCLAMEN

In the garden of the Lord he planted some bulbs too.
All had to go into the dark earth, to be able to get to leave and flower later.

Than Spring came, and some small, quick ones came into bloom, praising the fresh air and the room they had, thinking it was all there was created.

Next came the later bulbs, and they did see, there were leaves on the trees, and the later ones still did see the blooms in there too.

And still, there were some bulbs, laying dormant, wanting to bloom too, although not their time yet.
They did struggle with the darkness, the ongoing season and their own still being in the dark.

Until summer came, and all others did loose their freshness, the leaves already discolored and out came the Cyclamen, who had waited until autumn, to give the world her beauty before the dark days of winter, just as The Lord had made it.

And only now the Cyclamen did understand her struggle and waiting time.

And she also understood, she had her own beauty and place in His eyes.
And we?

We do enjoy this flower of autumn, delicate, although late in season.
We are thankfull for her beauty...

copyright Nan van Daalen

2 comments:

  1. I am blown away. Thank you, Nan. Everyone has been so gracious, but you my dear friend, I have ached for. Thank you for thinking of me. Thank you for loving me.

    I personally, have had a hard time getting back on my feet, but at least I getting out of bed to go pee...

    Love you so much, I will join your group asap

    Love, me

    ReplyDelete
  2. The music is just perfect. It stirs me so deeply in so many ways.

    I truly do not have a clue as to why you love me, I really don't. I'm sorry I haven't responded to everyone yet. But Pops is posting my material as he feels like. He's posted all of my material here since day one. I haven't posted anything.

    One could get annoyed at such a liberty taken, but it's Pop's ya know? I always ran all my material to him to get his opinion and have him post it for me. I don't like HTML...

    As you know, Pops and I have both cried many a desperate tear over so many desperate situations; life happenings. We both know we were destined to meet in this lifetime, even though we question 'why?' sometimes.

    We both have the same conclusion. "We Don't Know'...We also concluded that it didn't matter. When people meet others, we never know how long that relationship may last, heck it may go no further than one hello.

    There's no answer as to why Pops and I need each other. I do know that there is no such thing as
    letting go. There never is true closure when you love someone.

    I haven't written much lately, For the last six months, I've become a virtual recluse. I don't deserve such a warm and gracious welcome back. My pain is embarrassing. People cringe when they look at me. I've 20 pounds, I've aged 10 years. I am too absorbed in my own life crisis.

    But with people like you, I'm crawling back. Thank you for thinking about me, writing me and loving me. You are such a true friend. I'm so glad to be with you again.

    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete